eQHealth Solutions - Florida Division is seeking qualified physicians to support the Comprehensive Medicaid Utilization Management Program in partnership with the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. We are committed to providing true peer-to-peer review of service requests requiring prior authorization, while recognizing that health care delivery systems and access vary across the state.
Completing the responsibilities of a Physician Peer Reviewer may take just a few hours per month, or more based on your availability. The service review infrastructure at eQHealth Solutions makes it possible for you to participate via the internet (web-based system) or telephone. We provide training, orientation, scheduling and compensation for your participation in the physician peer review process. Based on your qualifications, experience and availability, additional service may be available through particiaption in committees, quality improvement and focused studies.
Qualifications and requirements for Physician Peer Reviewer include:
- Board Certification by a specialty board approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Advisory Board of Osteopathic Medicine
- Licensed in the state of Florida as a physician of medicine, osteopathy or dentistry
- In active practice providing care and treatment to patients (within the past two years) and possess admitting privileges at one or more Florida hospital(s)
- Located in the state of Florida
- In good standing with the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
As part of eQHealth’s Physician Peer Review panel, you have an integral role in building and maintaining partnerships within the health care provider community to improve quality and utilization of services. If interested in joining our Physician Peer Reviewer panel, or know of a colleague who may be interested, please review, complete and sign our application packet and return it with the requested documentation. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate tocontact eQHealth Solutions - Florida Division.